• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd Speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

punupara

What is the name of your state? WA

I feel little unlucky, this time as I was going only around 67-70 Mph in 65MPH zone. I was driving at around 8:00 PM with high beam lights on. High beam lights are very much required for own safety as it is very dark on WA 26. The offcier coming from opposite direction, stopped me and told me that I was driving 78 Mph and has mu high beam on.
He wrote me a ticket and also did not ask me to sign it, which makes me little suspicious, wheter i was really that fast as stated by officer.

I live almost 300 miles away from where I got this ticket. But I am willing to contest it.

So please advise what are my best options

Thanks
PunuWhat is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What in the world makes you think that not being asked to sign the ticket somehow equates to you not driving fast? :rolleyes:

punupara

Yes I admit that I was speeding by 2MPH not by 13 MPH, which makes a lot of difference. Also there were cars coming from opposite direction, with all them with high beam, so I guess its human nature to cross the hurdles as soon as possible and thats what I did, and thats why i over 2 MPH.

As per as not signing the ticket, I am just curious about it, because as far as I know officer has to get the signature on the ticket.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
As per as not signing the ticket, I am just curious about it, because as far as I know officer has to get the signature on the ticket.
By coming here, you have learned that what you "knew" was incorrect.
You do not have to sign the ticket for it to be valid.

racer72

In Washington, signatures on tickets are only required if the citiation has a mandatory court appearance.

High beam lights are very much required for own safety as it is very dark on WA 26.
Then you are driving to fast for the conditions. It is illegal in Washington to have your high beams illuminated within 500 feet of oncoming traffic.

If you want to fight the ticket, I would suggest talking to a local attorney. Nothing in your post suggests the ticket was not warranted.

Hey There

You Posted TWICE/

You have two

posts saying the same thing

A detailed reply on Washington court procedures has been posted on your 1st post #7705.

Hey There.10-9-07

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">