• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 Tickets. Driving Susp Lic, No Ins, Stop Sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brotherhelp

What is the name of your state? IL

I was pulled over and arrested for disobeying a stop sign. I also received tickets for driving on a suspended license and no insurance.

The reason I had a suspended license was no insurance before. I was pulled over 2/11 1:00 A.M.

I obtained SR-22 (Financial Responsibility) insurance 2/11 later that day at 12:57 P.M.

My questions are what should I plead at court? What will the fines be?

Thanks for your help. If you need any more info, please let me know.

B

brotherhelp

Other than giving me a link to my own post

Thanks JETX but I am asking for some help. Not links to my posts.

B

brotherhelp

Does anyone have any different responses

Other than calling the court. Thanks.

B

brotherhelp

Thanks JETX

Is there anyway I'll be able to keep my license how long will it be suspended?

Cook County.

L

loocpoc

Re: Thanks JETX

brotherhelp said:
Is there anyway I'll be able to keep my license how long will it be suspended?

Cook County.
Have you tried to contact the Secratery Of State's office yet? They would probably know. Fines are considerably higher in Cook than where I work at in Lake County

JETX

No one can tell how long the license suspension, if ordered, will be for. It is determined by the judge and/or the state licensing agerncy rules.

"Driving privileges can be temporarily withdrawn (suspended) for a specified time period, permanently terminated (revoked) or cancelled. In addition, for certain causes, the privilege to apply for a driver's license or instruction permit can be denied to an individual under the age of 18 for either a six-month period or until the 18th birthday."
http://www.sos.state.il.us/departments/drivers/drivers_license/jeopardize.html

More information can be found at:
http://www.sos.state.il.us/publications/rr/rr_chap06.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">