• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 Tickets for Reparking my car!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xtwister161

I live in New Jersey.
I rent in the city, my street was being redone in the moring, the otherside was already being worked on.
I went outside to repark my car. I have a resident's pass, where I can only park two blocks within where I live. After driving around I couldn't find any parking spot (being that everyone on my street already reparked all at all the possible spots). I also live right next to my college, Rutgers, so there are never any spots either. Anyway, I saw an cop car at the end of my street, I pulled my car up and parked my car.
I walked up to him, he was in his car, and asked him what I should do about my parking. I already got 3 parking tickets in the past two weeks, and had my car towed for parking just this thurdsay night, all right by my house. He said that it was none of his buisness.
So i got in my car, and started backing up to park in front of my house for the night (I figured i would repark it in the morning). The cop turns his lights off and pulls me over. First he gave me a ticket for improper backing, being that 150ft backing up is inproper (even though it was no more than 80ft). I dont think there's 150ft from my house to the end of the street. Next, my wallet was stolen a couple weeks ago. I made attepts to go get a new license, but never had the time, last time i went i waited for an hour and a half, and then had to leave cause i had a interview. I'm also taking 20 credits in engineering with a part time job on campus, so I really never had the time to go, and besides I never drive the car anyway it just sits in front of my house except when i have to repark for alternative side parking. So i got a ticket for that (thats like a $150 or $250 ticket). Last, I got a ticket for no front plates. I had an accident a couple months ago and never had the front plates installed afterwards. I already got a ticket for that twice. I'm supprised he didn't give me a ticket for obsraction of view for my graduation tassle hanging from my mirror. Any adivce on my situation,
thanx, sorry story's long by the way :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">