• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30 Day impound

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

norcalplmer

One of my employees was pulled over in a company van and his license was expired. The officer impounded the van for 30 days. How can I get it back?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm gonna take a WILD and crazy guess the poster is in North California. Only because I feel a tad bit risky today!

:p

Carl did it!! J/k!!
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...but hey, I ain't gonna change!

CdwJava

One of my employees was pulled over in a company van and his license was expired. The officer impounded the van for 30 days. How can I get it back?
Yes, you can get it back.

Is the vehicle registered in the company's name? If so, the registered owner or representative can go in and retrieve the vehicle. The only exceptions MIGHT be if the employer KNEW his license was expired.

But ... and here's the odd part ... are you sure hi license was "expired?" They can NOT impound a vehicle for 30 days on an "expired" license. It would have to have been suspended, or he would have to have NEVER been issued a license. Unless, of course, he was charged with some other offense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">