• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30mph Speeding violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rugbymonster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I was driving on Route 51 south from my parents house to my apartment in Pittsburgh on the afternoon of 11/3/11. I was coming down a large hill at the max speed of 55-60mph, I never speed down that hill excessively because I know that police watch the road. I tried to slow down but when I pressed on my brake my steering wheel began to violently shake and it only slowed down slightly while going down the hill. When I got to the bottom of the hill I pressed on my brakes harder and slowed down to the set speed limit of 40mph. I then see and hear a police car weaving in & out of traffic and finally pulled behind me and signaled for me to pull over. I was in shock that I was getting pulled over but I pulled to the side of the road and got my license/registration/insurance ready for the officer. When he came to my car he asked for my information and I handed it to him, then he told me that I was speeding (at that point he didn't tell me how fast I was going). He went back to his car and brought back a ticket for a 30mph violation that included a large fine with 5 points. He proceeded to tell me that I was going 70 in a 40 zone (measured by VASCAR). I was very polite and cooperative during the process and I do not believe that I was going that fast. I plead not guilty and I have a court date of 12/14/11.
I understand that I can't get out of paying the fine but I desperately need/want the points reduced. I only had 1 other ticket in my life 8 years ago, I have a clean driving record until now. Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">