• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

31 over, Wreckless driving, street racing (3 tickets at once)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjpneedhelp101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

Well my buddy has no previous record. He was on a 45mph "highway" and some kids decided to mess with him. He floored it and was going 76mph past a cop going the other way. The cop turned around and pulled him over for going 31 over, wreckless driving and street racing (the other 2 guys messing with him were pulled over with him as well), one receiving 2 tickets and the other got just one.

Now, he was issued 31mph over, wreckless driving, and racing on a highway. With a lawyer, what could he expect? Besides lawyer fees, I was telling him upwards of $1000 in fines, atleast 30 days suspension of license, if not more, driving school, and 6 points. Before he consults a lawyer, what do you think will happen with this case?

Thanks for any help

mjpneedhelp101

The crystal ball is broken, but I can tell you that "your buddy" is lucky he didn't spend a night in jail.
heh. it was my buddy. i posted up two different threads on this forum hoping for some legal advice and all i have received is sarcastic remarks. it seems like no one wants to help out now adays.

racer72

heh. it was my buddy. i posted up two different threads on this forum hoping for some legal advice and all i have received is sarcastic remarks. it seems like no one wants to help out now adays.
Your asking someone here to predict the future. If any of us could do this, we would all be lottery winners lounging on a beach in Hawaii instead of helping the ungrateful people like you. What your "buddy" is charged with and what he is eventually convicted of could be 2 completely different things. You got the $2 answer, you can pay me through Paypal, my email address there is [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">