• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3111 sec A violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Spintl

I got a 3111 Sec A citation on PATP couple of days back. The officer assesed a $300 fine + $20 additional fees. He said there is no points. Is that true? If not how much points does that carry? And will it go on my NJ lisence?thanks

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
No, he said he has a NJ license. His wording leads me to believe that the offense occurred in another state.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Based on some searching, it would APPEAR that PATP is Pennsylvania Turnpike and 3111 is the section of the PA vehicle code for disobeying a traffic control device.

The OP needs to learn how to write more clearly.

In any event, you don't know what NJ will do with the conviction when it's reported to the MVC. In PA it's no points but NJ could very well assess points. In fact, I believe all out of state moving violations get assigned two points for NJ drivers, regardless of the points assigned by the other state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">