• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

39:4-215 (failurure to obey signs).

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daronson

was issued a ticket for 39:4-215 (failurure to obey signs). I live in NJ. Officer said I was going 70 in a 50 (probably true) and came back with this 0-point ticket. He was a motorcycle cop and was sitting on the side of the highway when I passed him. My radar detector never went off. Is it possible he didn't have radar and "judged" that I was going around 70? I know a trained officer can do this, I witnessed it with a police chief when I was a municipal auditor, and I sat in his car watching the radar as he called out the speed of passing cars. Anyway, without radar the speeding ticket may not hold up in court - I am sure he saw my radar dectector in my car. I didn't want to push the issue and ask him if he caught me on radar. So, does it make sense to fight this, and say there were no "signs" around, and tell the prosecutor that the officer stated I was speeding, but offered no proof???

Side question, does anyone know if NJ police (local or state) use LASER radar?

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">