• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

39:4-86

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Heyhi1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nj

I think I can fight this ticket and get off but need advice on if I'm missing anything.
The officer told me I went around of the right,and it was an improper passing zone. He admitted the vehicle turned soon after I went around him.

My arguments. The ticket is for passing a yellow line which I didn't do or passing on left which I also didn't do.
Argument 2 the vehicle was slowing down with left blinker on and I safety slowly without going off the road or crossing any lines passed on the right.. that's legal under 30:4-85

Argument 3 there's a merging sign near where I went around.

My issue is the no passing zone or anything you guys can point out. Am I out of line or wrong? Here is where I got the ticket. The cop was parked on the right side in the PNC bank, I went around the vehicle somewhere after the PNC entrance, close to the wooden pole. If u see there's an entrance to dunkin Donuts on the right and a street soon after, I didn't know where the vehicle was turning but I do know the vehicle had a left blinker on, slowing down and hugging the yellow line on the left.... WAS ABOUT TO TURN LEFT.. again that's in 39:4-85

On the corner is a merging sign, no merging lines on pavement..

Here's the Google view https://goo.gl/maps/x2D63DAXkt32

Heyhi1

Mis wrote 39:4-85 which says I'm allowed to pass on right, not 30:4-85

And argument 4 , car could of been turning left in dunkin Donuts , pulling over ,or left on upcoming street..

Another worry I have is cop said that he made a left at the street ,so between where I went around and the street is about 40 ft

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I'm not going to sit here and try to decipher what you wrote.

Why don't you try actually DESCRIBING what you did? No where do I see a concise description of what the issue is.

You're all over the place. You need to try a little more.

Heyhi1

It clearly says I got a ticket for 39:4-86. Clearly says the officer said I went around a car on the right side while in a no passing zone.

39:4-86 says I can not got around on the left and pass yellow lInes wich I clearly did not do. There is nothing confusing about what I wrote. I think the reader is confused

Heyhi1

Let's try this again. I was driving with PNC bank on my right side.... if you look at the link you will see where I was. Again PNC bank was on my right

Somewhere near the wooden pole, after the PNC bank entrance...... I went around a vehicle on the right side... the vehicle had a left blinker on**************... follow me? The vehicle that I passed on the right with its blinker on, was also slowing down and hugging the left side of the road ,.....

At the point that I went around on the right is a parking lot on the left side..... There's also a street on the left side... the street is about 30 feet after I passed the vehicle on its right ... follow me? He or she could of been turning left into 1 of 2 places... 1 the parking lot, or 2 the upcoming street. Or 3 could of been pulling over..... either way, he or she had a left blinker on, slowing down,and driving towards the left side of the street......

The officer gave me a ticket and said what I did wrong was, passing the vehicle on the right, while in a no passing zone. The cop also said the car made a left at the street, the street he made a left on is about 30 feet after i went around the car...Gave me a ticket for something else completely. Gave me a ticket for passing on the left or crossing a yellow line. All I did was safely passed on right, not crossing any lines at all... doing so at a safe speed and at no time did my car go off road. The link above shows exactly where this took place

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If you go to court and describe the events as you have here you'll have no problem winning... :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">