• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3rd ticket in 1 year

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nfshp

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I got a ticket doing 65 on a 45 mph construction zone; at the time of the ticket, there were no construction crews (5 AM), and driving 45mph would be like a traffic hazard (busy highway I-294 near chicago, all the trucks/cars were doing the same speed as me). My court date is set for Aug. 1.

Now, I have two previous speeding tickets from a different state, Iowa; so i have three speeding tickets with-in a year.

For my punishment, will it be based on the ticket I got in the construciton zone (paying a hefty fine for speeding on a construction zone); or will it be based on all three of the tickets (paying fine for speeding on a construction zone AND whatever's the punishment for getting 3 tickets in one year)?

Would it be wise to hire a lawyer in this case? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">