• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

40-6-20 Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunshine_ga

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA (Dekalb county)

Hello, I need some help. I got a 40-6-20 citation (obedience to traffic control devices). Since we had a baby in the back seat, once we got pulled over we took off a part of the strap belt since she was acting fussy. The officer noticed this when he came to ask for the license, and in addition gave a 40-8-76 (safety restraints). It seems from the citations that they can be paid online (i.e. mandatory court appearance is not required here). Is that true ? Also, I wanted to know the # of points I will get for these offenses if any and if there's a way I can avoid this from getting into my record..Please any help/inputs in this matter would be highly appreciated..

sunshine_ga

hello,
thanks for the prompt reply. does that mean that I can pay this fine (120$) online and that's it..i do not need to go to the court ? also it looks like this accounts for 4 points in total -> 3 for the 40-6-20 and then 1 for the 40-8-76.but i am not totally sure...however, i called up my insurance and they mentioned that they pull up records after every 10 years and that my premium will not be affected even though I get points.. do you have any info on the points for these citations?

asiny

hello,
thanks for the prompt reply. does that mean that I can pay this fine (120$) online and that's it..i do not need to go to the court ? also it looks like this accounts for 4 points in total -> 3 for the 40-6-20 and then 1 for the 40-8-76.but i am not totally sure...however, i called up my insurance and they mentioned that they pull up records after every 10 years and that my premium will not be affected even though I get points.. do you have any info on the points for these citations?
You should be able to pay via the options that may be printed on the citations...
Where did you find out you are to receive 4 points?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">