• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

41 mph over the speed limit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coonjake6

Two nights ago I was pulled over for going 76 in a 35 zone. I am a 17 year old male and I've never gotten a ticket before. My dad found me a lawyer, will he help me to not get my license suspended? The roads were clear and I did not see the cop. I'm not that worried about the fines, I just really can't have my license suspended now. I live in NY. Merry Christmas to me....

justalayman

If the fines are of no concern be sure to tell the judge that. Hopefully he will suspend your license since the point of a fine is to cause the party to consider why it isn't a good idea to break the laW

And darn those sneaky cops hiding where you don't notice them. Of course that's a defense for your speeding.

Ha ha. It's irrelevant and making a point of the fact shows your complete lack of respect of the law.

Why not ask your daddy funded lawyer what the possibilities are?

You are a danger to anybody else on the road. If justice is served you will lose your license for a considerable time. Maybe daddy can hire you a chauffeur.

And if your license is suspended it will be a merry Christmas for anybody that drives on the same roads as you.

LeeHarveyBlotto

Two nights ago I was pulled over for going 76 in a 35 zone. I am a 17 year old male and I've never gotten a ticket before. My dad found me a lawyer, will he help me to not get my license suspended? The roads were clear and I did not see the cop. I'm not that worried about the fines, I just really can't have my license suspended now. I live in NY. Merry Christmas to me....
If you were mine, you would be found guilty of contempt of dad, and would not be driving for quite some time, regardless of the legal outcome.

Curious, have you thought about your reckless act that put people in danger, or are you just upset that you may have unpleasant consequences for yourself?

justalayman

You're right. Other people's safety is more important than mine
Nobody said they were more important than your safety but you are the one endangering everybody else.

Your statement sounds like the start of a long story of how you were being chased or had to get to the hospital or myriad other stories told in an attempt to justify their stupid behavior

Since the cop gave you the ticket one must presume the cop thought it to be invalid. I'll defer to the cops decision.

CdwJava

WTH??? That's a recipe for disaster! Fatal disaster!

In many states that would have warranted an arrest and an impound of the car! Wow!!!

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
This being your *first* ticket at the tender age of 17 is not a huge accomplishment. You've not had your license long.

Since you were unhappy about people pointing out the risk to others, not to put too fine a point on it, but if you hit a deer at 76 mph (highly likely on any road with 35 mph speed limit in my area of NY) you would be dead.

Actions have consequences. If you might feel like the world will end if your license is suspended, but I have it on high authority that it won't. Will it be inconvenient? Sure. But maybe the inconvenience will remind you, when your license is reinstated after suspension, to better heed the rules of the road, and be a more thoughtful driver.

xylene

Given the points alone and the discretion allowed to imposes suspensions for such an extreme violation, if you are found guilty, at 41mph over, you are sure to face suspension for at least a year, possibly way more.

Possibly like no driving until you are 21.

You will also face a DMV hearing and a huge civil assessment for 4 years as well as the fines.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">