• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

46.61.205 Failure to yeild

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pissednpuyallup

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

Just got a ticket for rolling thru my stop sign at the end of my road. I did it, no one was coming and the 'suicide' lane was empty but the ticket says RCW 46.61.205 failure to yield right of way from driveway or.... Does anyone know what the RCW is or how I can find it to ask for it to be changed to failure to complete stop at stop sign. Failure to yeild right of way sounds bad, like I didn't move for a fire truck or ambulance.
Thanks

FlyingRon

They're both the same fine and points. The actual statute you're charged with is: The driver of a vehicle about to enter or cross a highway from a private road or driveway shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles lawfully approaching on said highway.

It's not on the same as failure to yield to an emergency vehicle. (which is substantially more).

racer72

Washington does not have a point system when it comes to tickets and one's driver's license. You can ask for a deferral of the ticket, don't get any tickets in a year and the ticket goes away. Get another and both hit your license (and insurance) at the same timel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">