• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

50 in 35 zone, how to deal with it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chauffeur

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I just got a speeding ticket for going 50 in a 35 zone. Officer said I was actually going 53. I was probably over 35, but I highly doubt I was that high. I plan to plead not guilt in the hope I will not get any points for this.

A few questions on the info on the ticket itself:
* There is no device checked on the ticket as to what was used for clocking the speed. Can I use that when I go to court?
* Under miles timed it says 100 - I'm assuming that's 100ft. Can I challenge that the correct unit was not used?
* Under Secs. timed, there is nothing. How could he determine I was speeding if he has no timing info? Can the lack of info be used in court?
* I've had no traffic violations in my 11 years of driving. What should my strategy be for having this dismissed?

Many thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">