• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

50 in 40 uphill + No Seatbelt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kerry Jones

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Texas

I was going east on North Beach St today and there is a hill near a church. I was going up hill when a cop shot radar on me and I was going 50 in a 40. He also got me for no seatbelt. One thing I would also like to point out that the officer wasn't on the side of the road, but in a turn lane which I would assume is also illegal for him to do because people wouldn't be able to turn around. Could it be demissed on that basis that he was illegal parked in a turn lane and impeding traffic that wishes to turn?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Fort Worth, TX

I was going east on North Beach St today and there is a hill near a church. I was going up hill when a cop shot radar on me and I was going 50 in a 40. He also got me for no seatbelt. One thing I would also like to point out that the officer wasn't on the side of the road, but in a turn lane which I would assume is also illegal for him to do because people wouldn't be able to turn around. Could it be demissed on that basis that he was illegal parked in a turn lane and impeding traffic that wishes to turn?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Nope.

Wherever he was parked doesn't matter (unless it was on private property where he was prohibited from being, which this was not). And a police officer parking somewhere others would normally be prohibited from parking doesn't negate the fact that you still broke the law and you were caught doing it.

Instead of trying to look for excuses, just pay the ticket and be done with it.

Kerry Jones

Nope.

Wherever he was parked doesn't matter (unless it was on private property where he was prohibited from being, which this was not). And a police officer parking somewhere others would normally be prohibited from parking doesn't negate the fact that you still broke the law and you were caught doing it.

Instead of trying to look for excuses, just pay the ticket and be done with it.
Meh. I'll probably just hire a traffic attorney and get it dismissed.

Banned_Princess

Kerry Jones, did you seriously just post under your real name and the town you live in?

I guess internet privacy means nothing to you.

slwslw

Just see an attorney to get a deferred adjudication.

There used to be an atty. who had billboards on I-30 advertising that he could do it for $45 (atty. fee), plus fines.

That was some time ago, but just check the yellow pages for traffic atty's.

They'll keep it off your record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">