• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

$50 for a free consultation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fjt

What is the name of your state? Pa.

Is it usual for a law firm to ask for $50 in order to retrieve one's driving records in order to give a free consultation?

L

loocpoc

I belive PA charges for a copy of your DMV record. The lawyers maybe adding the fee plus their own fee to go out and get the abstract. A consultation is just a meeting to determine whether or not your going to get representation by that lawyer.

D

DRN

I think it is reasonable for the law firm to charge you for whatever fee it must pay to get the records.

I don't think they should charge you for their time spent getting it. That should be considered part of the consultation.

You could always get the records first prior to the consultation. then there would be no charge by the law firm.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">