• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

63 in a 55??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ticketssuck

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Tennessee and I was driving behind a TN state trooper on the interstate before I changed lanes to get off at my exit. The officer slowed down and pulled me over and gave me a ticket for going 63 in a 55. In talking to him, he stated that he paced me at that speed. However, on the ticket itself it indicates he used radar to detect my speed. Is it even possible for him to use radar on someone behind him while he's driving? Can I get out of this? It seems sketchy to me.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Tennessee and I was driving behind a TN state trooper on the interstate before I changed lanes to get off at my exit. The officer slowed down and pulled me over and gave me a ticket for going 63 in a 55. In talking to him, he stated that he paced me at that speed. However, on the ticket itself it indicates he used radar to detect my speed. Is it even possible for him to use radar on someone behind him while he's driving? Can I get out of this? It seems sketchy to me.
There is such a thing as rear-facing radar. :cool:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
One has to wonder at the logic of speeding while traveling immediately behind a law enforcement officer.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sure, but after he previously stated that he paced me to get my speed, it seems odd that he marked radar on the ticket itself. Makes it seem like he's just making stuff up.
Maybe he didn't want to argue with you on the side of the road...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">