• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

65ina50

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TROY TUTT

What is the name of your state? burlington,nc.27215. stopped at a light noticed three cars speeding past the light. light changed i turned left going south speed limit was 35 and then changes to 50. up ahead i could see the trooper he was getting ready to turn around and go after the other cars but when he sees me he stops and waits for me to come past i was watching my speed the whole time and i never went over the speed limit. i have a 99 camaro. the trooper say's that he clocked me on radar at 65. when i went to court i was relying on the radar to prove my inniocience but i was told by the judge that the radar is only a tool for the officer to judge how fast that you are going it does not record make of vehicle or licence # the officer add that in later. i wasn't speeding and been driving for over 25 years and have never had a speeding ticket until i got this car. it was my word aganist the officer and you know who lost. is there any way to win. i want to appeal. court date 1-14-03.

K

Kaz the Minotau

How do you know that you weren't speeding? Is your speedometer certified?

M

m1bears

seems like you always make these replys. I take it you are an officer, and probally a smart --- one at that. :(

K

Kaz the Minotau

Yes I am an officer. I make those replies because people always say "I'm sure I wasn't going that fast" or "My speedometer said XX". Well if the driver can't produce any accuracy certificate for their speedometer why would the court rule against the officer who does have a certified device?

D

djprice

I'm assuming....

that you were at the specific light facing west ? 3 cars sped through the light in front of you travelling north ? you turned left into the southbound lane of the same lanes whereupon the other 3 vehicles had just sped past, correct ? And ahead of you was a Trooper who was turning around in your lanes ? Then stops in the north bound lane as you approach from the south bound lane ? sounds like math class all over again.....Damn. It sounds like you were the victim of circumstance and in the wrong place at the wrong time. That officer may not have seen you make the turn and was still receiving readings from the other 3 vehicles headed north, and simply concluded that you were the one speeding as you were the closest vehicle to him. Radar is a reliable instrument but the officer has the ultimate decision in it's interpretation, since you were the closest vehicle your reading should have been the most prominent both in display and sound if he had the audio engaged, however given the profile of your vehicle; the radar unit in the Troopers car may never have picked you up as it was still tracking the other 3 vehicles. If the other 3 vehicles were all traveling faster than you and were grouped closely together they would have provided a larger "signature" for the Troopers radar unit and hence he would only have been able to observe their speed up to the point his radar acknowledged you're vehicle which was incidentally doing the speed limit. Bummer. Good luck with that one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">