• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

71/55 in Somerset Co. MD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mac2005

What is the name of your state? NJ, but ticket in Maryland

I got a ticket for 71/55 in Somerset Co in MD. The cop used the laser and it was one of those speed traps in MD where cops hide in the middle of divided highways (behind trees and shrubs and coming out to the road to wave you to pull over) Lawyers said I should just wait for the cout day notice and go to the court that day. I was told I might be able to get the probation (no point) as I don't have the points as of now. Or if the cop did not show up, the case may be dismissed. Is that a good analogy?

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

Mac2005 said:
What is the name of your state? NJ, but ticket in Maryland

I got a ticket for 71/55 in Somerset Co in MD. The cop used the laser and it was one of those speed traps in MD where cops hide in the middle of divided highways (behind trees and shrubs and coming out to the road to wave you to pull over) Lawyers said I should just wait for the cout day notice and go to the court that day. I was told I might be able to get the probation (no point) as I don't have the points as of now. Or if the cop did not show up, the case may be dismissed. Is that a good analogy?
I think you need to look up the definition of the word analogy.

Anyway, go to court and ask the clerk who you talk to about getting a diversion or no point charge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">