• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

76 in 60 construction zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mark32FL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
Recently recieved sppeding ticket in McIntosh County (Darien) on I-95. Going 76 in 60 construction zone. Are there any techniques for avoiding having this appear on my license and affect my insurance rates?

Hey There

A start

What was the vehicle code you were cited for? Fines are doubled when infractions occur within a school zone
or construction zone, (Workers must be present)

Unlawful speed - 16 MPH or more over lawful or posted speed 4 Points

Attending the traffic school in Florida means the auto insurance won't go up and won't be cancelled. A certificate of completion filed by the deadline with a court clerk in the county where the ticket was received adjudication is withheld, the driver is deemed not guilty and receives no points.
SOURCE:Florida DMV | Department of Motor Vehicles Guide
Google: Florida DMV then click on the above website.

Google:Fines for traffic tickets in Florida
lists applicable fines

Speeding Ticket FAQ &
Speeding Ticket--Fighting or Plea Bargaining
have informatiion if you decide to contest your ticket.

Best Regards,
Hey There

Mark32FL

My ticket was issued in GA, not in FL, although I am a resident of FL. The vehicle code that I violated is not clear on the ticket but it ends in 188.

According to GA DMV website, workers do not have to be present for your fines to be doubled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">