• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

78/35 - NC Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MishalZ

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Hey
I just got pulled over today for 78 in a 35 - I dont think I got reckless, but I have to show up in court. I dont care how many points I get on my liscence as I am moving abroad for a job for 7 years.

Can I get a PJC on this?

And if I go to a judge and plead guilty and accept the points and a 1 mth suspension, how much will the fine be - will it be around as much as a normal ticket - do you think I should get a lawyer? I feel terrible, and regret it, but now is not the time to regret, but to solve this.

There was no other traffic on the road and it was at about 2 am if this makes a difference.

Also, how do i tell if this is reckless? The first box, 20-140 was checked for violations. It did not say careless or reckless anywhere on the ticket

Thanks
Mishal

Last edited:

If you have to show up for court it is a misdemeanor charge (anything greater than 55 and 15 over).

Having a record could impact your employment when you get back. Getting a lawyer to plea it under 55 might be a good idea.

Getting a PJC is very unlikely for more than 2X the limit.

Fines and court costs will probably be in the $150 range.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">