• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

78 in 45 in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msdaru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I received a citation for 78 in a 45 MPH zone. Indicated on the citation is "Maximum speed limits", "clocked", statute 75.3362.a. The date of the offense was 6/10/2015. The S/N and test station are indicated. Miles timed is listed as "0.18" and secs. timed listed as "083" (I would point out that there is no decimal point present in the time). Date equipment tested is listed as 4/1/2015. No specific clocking device is listed.

My question is that the time between the test date and the date of the citation is 70 days. Unless I understand incorrectly, the legally allowed duration between calibrations is 60 days. Can I get this tossed due to that?

Can the lack of a decimal point be called into question?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Dave1952

If the equipment hasn't been calibrated in more than 60 days then you have a strong argument for dismissal. Why do you believe that that is the case? Have you requested the calibration records of that device?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">