• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

82 in a 65

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

preci0us

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NY

At around Exit 19 on i87.. Ulster County, a cop radars me at 82 in a 65. Pulls me over and tickets me. The only two cars on the road were mine and the one in front of me which was going 78 according to the cop. Theres no way the car in front of me was going slower than I was, because the distance between the two of us was growing in distance, not getting shorter. Even the guy in front of me says I couldn't have been going that fast (it was my boyfriend). Anyway, its my first ticket ever, and I sent in a not-gulity plea and am expecting to attend court in about 3 months ( according to the officer). He was pretty straight forward with me, said I could fight it and maybe they could work with me if it was my first offense. Any ideas? Suggestions? What should I expect? Help! :confused:

P.S. Cruise control at 65 has been my bestfriend ever since ;)

lwpat

Did you request a deposition from the officer? If not be sure to go ahead and do this. If he does not provide the deposition you can request that the ticket be dismissed.

You might be able to call the clerk and find out the ADA that is handling the case. Often they will have a preliminary hearing where you can negotiate a lower fine/points.

preci0us

I sent in my ticket last weekend w/o a request for a supporting dep. I thought that requesting one of those would make the trial harder for me because it would be more work for the officer? Is it too late to still request one?

lwpat

No, but I would send it certified return receipt so you can prove they received the request.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">