• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

83 in a 55 Advice Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

luck_crisis_rm

I live in NC and recently recieved a speeding ticket for going 83 in a 55. I have been doing research on prayer for judgment, but still dont know exactly what it can do in my situation or even if i should consider using it. If i am not allowed to use prayer for judgent, are there any other options for me to get my ticket reduced other than getting a lawyer? Thank you for your advice. I greatly appreciate it.

parrotmom

Why?

luck_crisis_rm said:
I live in NC and recently recieved a speeding ticket for going 83 in a 55. I have been doing research on prayer for judgment, but still dont know exactly what it can do in my situation or even if i should consider using it. If i am not allowed to use prayer for judgent, are there any other options for me to get my ticket reduced other than getting a lawyer? Thank you for your advice. I greatly appreciate it.
Please help me understand why people who break the law are always trying to get out of it or get it reduced? I just don't get it.

Your NOT denying that were speeding..just pay the ticket.

keith.e

parrotmom said:
Please help me understand why people who break the law are always trying to get out of it or get it reduced? I just don't get it.

Your NOT denying that were speeding..just pay the ticket.
Sorry luck_crisis, I've never even heard of that (prayer for judgement), but if you can explain the circumstances surrounding your eventually getting a ticket, I might be able to offer some advise. Doing 83 in a 55 seems like you'd have little to no hope if you're admitting to actually going that fast. If it were me, I'd go for a defensive driving course if it was an option. I don't know if 28 mph over the limit will allow for defensive driving though.

As for parrotmom, get off your high horse. Do you feel better about yourself, waiting for people to make pleas for advice, just so you can ridicule them? Why are so many people on this board like you? This is an advise board, and most of the threads I've seen are filled with people like you, who are just plain condescending.

amadonna

Good Call

Good Call Keith! People need to lighten up a little.

luck_crisis, Keith is probably right, driving courses are probably your only chance in the matter (if allowed). However, your best bet is probably to speak with a lawyer.

luck_crisis_rm

*Update*

Yes, i was speeding, yes i know what i was doing. but yea, i learned my lesson. i dont plan on speeding like that ever again. but still having the lesson been learned, why still pay the consequences when the purpose of them is to learn a lesson. you must work for an insurance agency.

*update* i talked to a lawyer who is gonna charge me $500 to make this go away. That price covers court cost, the expected fine for speeding, and his fee ($200). He said he knows he can get me to keep my license being an isolated event, but as far as effecting my insurance, he will do his best. And if push comes to shove he will use the prayer for judgement. If it were my own insurance it wouldnt bother me, but its my parents'. Do you think i should hire the lawyer? i have him mailing the paperwork to me to have hm represent me (just in case i decide to). the ticket nor did the officer mention anything about a driving class so do u think i should take the initiative and take the class anywayz? if anything so the court has proof im serious? Thanks for the advice.

parrotmom

keith.e said:
As for parrotmom, get off your high horse. Do you feel better about yourself, waiting for people to make pleas for advice, just so you can ridicule them? Why are so many people on this board like you? This is an advise board, and most of the threads I've seen are filled with people like you, who are just plain condescending.
Actually it makes me feel great. People "plea" for advice when they shouldn't have gotten themselves in their situation to begin with. All they have to do is stand up and be a man/woman and take responsibility for their actions instead of trying to reduce or having the whole thing dropped.

Oh, and the answer would be no if your wondering if I've ever had a run in with the law.

cmorris

Traffic school and/or plea bargain? Those can be done without an attorney.

Did he specifically state *how* he was going to "make this go away?" You admit you were speeding and don't have a defense. I'm not sure what this attorney can do besides bargain on your behalf, unless he's cozy with the prosecutor or judge.

If you get to go to traffic school, your parents' insurance won't be affected.

I'd probably be more tempted to go to court alone (it's just a traffic ticket) and see if I could plea bargain for a lower speed and go to traffic court. If that works, no need to pay the attorney, plus insurance won't increase. If not, I'd plead not guilty and run to get that attorney.

keith.e

parrotmom said:
Actually it makes me feel great. People "plea" for advice when they shouldn't have gotten themselves in their situation to begin with. All they have to do is stand up and be a man/woman and take responsibility for their actions instead of trying to reduce or having the whole thing dropped.

Oh, and the answer would be no if your wondering if I've ever had a run in with the law.
No, I wasn't wondering if you had a run in with the law, but since you mention it, I now wonder why the hell you're even on an advise forum with no personal experience to base your one-sided and unuseful opinions on? If you 'feel great' about other peoples' plight, you're one sad individual. Go find a real hobby.

Your definition of taking responsibility is not everybodies'. I'm taking responsibility for my actions by attempting to not let an unjust system bully me into paying money that it doesn't deserve. I think that's worth more than accepting that we should take what we're given and pay the fines even if we don't believe they're fair.

Like I said before, this is an advice forum. You might like it if instead of being detrimental, you tried making yourself useful... on this advice forum.

parrotmom

keith.e said:
No, I wasn't wondering if you had a run in with the law, but since you mention it, I now wonder why the hell you're even on an advise forum with no personal experience to base your one-sided and unuseful opinions on?.
I know enough about the law to not BREAK it.

keith.e

parrotmom said:
I know enough about the law to not BREAK it.

Yes, and this makes you and your "take responsibility and pay your fees" and your "don't break the law in the first place" comments very beneficial to all of us. How profound! If only everybody who needed advice after getting a citation knew these words of wisdom beforehand. :rolleyes:

keith.e

luck_crisis_rm said:
Yes, i was speeding, yes i know what i was doing. but yea, i learned my lesson. i dont plan on speeding like that ever again. but still having the lesson been learned, why still pay the consequences when the purpose of them is to learn a lesson. you must work for an insurance agency.

Do not pay $500 for a lawyer if you can just take defensive driving, unless you're absolutely sure that will be found not guilty. That's a pretty big risk and expensive either way the verdict goes. If you just take defensive driving you'll save yourself around $400, plus it wouldn't be reported to your insurance. I'm still not even sure if you're eligible to take a defensive driving course though.

parrotmom

keith.e said:
Yes, and this makes you and your "take responsibility and pay your fees" and your "don't break the law in the first place" comments very beneficial to all of us. How profound! If only everybody who needed advice after getting a citation knew these words of wisdom beforehand. :rolleyes:

Precisely :D

keith.e

parrotmom said:
I may not serve a useful purpose here, but it's good entertainment. ;)
Yes, I have come to realize in my life that I seem to entertain bottom-feeders without suspecting it. They usually lurk behind the scenes, but I'm glad that one of them has popped its useless head up for all to see. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">