• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

88/70 mph in North carolina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pechenue

I have got a court on the 12 of Sept for exceeding speed over 80 miles on the I-95 near Nashville county. Actually I had 88 in 70 speed zone. What kind of punishments I can face in the court? It is considered to be Class 2 misdemeanor. I know it is a serious violation . By the way my driving record is not clean as I wish it could be. I have got 11 points already, including speeding also. Is a lawyer worth of hiring? I would appreciate any information or advice. Thank you

Last edited:

Hey There

ANSWERS to your questions are a click away.

pechenue

GS-20-141(j1) -- A person who drives a vehicle on a highway at a speed that is either more than 15 miles per hour more than the speed limit established by law for the highway where the offense occurred or over 80 miles per hour is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor

The website I checked : 12 points within 3 years a driver COULD (not would) have his licence suspended which could be as long as 60 days.
The points for driving 15 mph over speed limit =3 points.
It is advised by the author of a book published by NOLO on contesting traffic tickets for a driver cited for a misdemeanor traffic violation to consult with a lawyer.
Typing in on Google--How To Choose A Lawyer has websites that should prove helpful. Some lawyers give a one time consultation with no fee or a modest one. Listings are available in the yellow pages.
Information on contesting a traffic ticket, the rights of drivers, how to plead and court procedure can be found by typing in
Speeding Ticket--Fighting or Plea Bargaining &
Speeding Ticket FAQ

Best Regards,
Hey There

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Just so you know--in case you go looking for info online--it's not Nashville County, it's Nash County. The Town of Nashville is the county seat.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">