• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

90 in 55....oops

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Oakleyguy

So, i was driving home last week, doing about 90 in a 55 (2lane highway in WA) when I had to slow down for a car in front of me (doing 55). So, now I'm cruising at 55 and I look in my rearview and I see that a car had been following me the whole time. Then I realize that the headlights are of a cop car.... Anyways, the car in front of me eventually takes a left (after a couple miles) and I continue at 55 with no one in front of me. After about 2 miles of driving, the cop decides to pull me over. My offense is a RCW 46.63.400 and a RCW 46.20.017 (no liscence in possession). The fines were 276 and 101, respectively. But under RCW 46.63.110, it states that no monetary fine for a moving violation shall exceed $250. I know its only $26 extra, but how can the officer do that? Anyways, my real question is: should I even bother fighting this? At 35 over, will the court just laugh at me because I was so blatently speeding? Note that this is my first 'official' ticket and I have a clean record.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">