• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

95/65 by aircraft in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eepers

What is the name of your state? California

On new year's eve I was driving on eastbound 80 passing Fairfield, in a hurry to meet someone. Long story short, I was pulled over for doing 95 in a 65 as seen by a CHP aircraft. I am cited as violating 22349(A) which has "CU" possibly written next to it, I can't make it out. I don't know how much the ticket is for - it doesn't say anywhere on the ticket and I haven't received anything in the mail. I have a court date for February. I'm wondering if this is worth trying to fight by postponing the court date and hoping the guy in the plane and the guy on the ground both don't show up. This is my first ticket and I really don't want my insurance rates to go up, so I should be able to avoid this by attending traffic school, right? I guess I'm just looking for advice as to how someone with more experience would proceed.

Jim_bo

On new year's eve I was driving on eastbound 80 passing Fairfield, in a hurry to meet someone. Long story short, I was pulled over for doing 95 in a 65 as seen by a CHP aircraft. I am cited as violating 22349(A) which has "CU" possibly written next to it, I can't make it out. I don't know how much the ticket is for - it doesn't say anywhere on the ticket and I haven't received anything in the mail. I have a court date for February. I'm wondering if this is worth trying to fight by postponing the court date and hoping the guy in the plane and the guy on the ground both don't show up. This is my first ticket and I really don't want my insurance rates to go up, so I should be able to avoid this by attending traffic school, right? I guess I'm just looking for advice as to how someone with more experience would proceed.
1. Was the speed determined by radar?
2. How did you get pulled over?
3. Did the cop who pulled you over have a full uniform on?
4. Was he in a marked patrol car?

I think the first thing you need to do is ask for discovery. Here is a good template from www.helpigotaticket.com : http://helpigotaticket.com/forms/disc_radar.rtf

Give some more details about your case and let's see if we can help.

Jimbo

Jim_bo

Yes, because if his hat wasn't on, then the ticket isn't valid!
Dude... you are a huge Dick!! You were giving me a hard time in another thread also where you didn't know what the hell you were talking about. If you'd care to read from the California Vehicle Code:

40800. Every traffic officer on duty for the exclusive or main
purpose of enforcing the provisions of Division 10 or 11 of this code
shall wear a full distinctive uniform, and if the officer while so
on duty uses a motor vehicle, it must be painted a distinctive color
specified by the commissioner.

40804. (b) Every officer arresting, or participating or assisting in the
arrest of, a person so charged while on duty for the exclusive or
main purpose of enforcing the provisions of Divisions 10 and 11 is
incompetent as a witness if at the time of such arrest he was not
wearing a distinctive uniform, or was using a motor vehicle not
painted the distinctive color specified by the commissioner.

So... next time you want to act like a jerk... you should at least know what the hell you are talking about.

divgradcurl

Were you going 95?

I agree with SJ -- traffic school is often not offered if the offense is 25 MPH over the posted limited or higher. If it is offered, it will be on your courtesy notice (unless you are required to come to court, then it probably won't be, it very by county and jurisdiction). If you are not offered traffic school on your courtesy notice, then it is probably worthwhile to ask for a court date, or for a trial by declaration, and hope that traffic school if offered (or ask for it).

Jim_bo

I'd like to see some more details about his ticket. I would try to make the primary goal to beat the ticket rather than traffic court.

cepe10

for aircraft - both the ground crew and the aircraft crew have to appear and testify. heresay from one or the other is not allowed. it is well worth it to try and get the postponement and then to attend the court date and motion for dismissal if one or either do not show up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">