• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandoned Trailer on my property - How Get rid of it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msutliff

To make a long story short, I hired a independant contractor to roof my house. He hardly worked.. He disappeared.. It rained..
He is not returning my calls. I paid another roofer to complete the job.. but this guy's trailer is still in my driveway. I wonder if it's stolen since he appears to have a abandoned it.

What can I do to get rid of this trailer and protect myself?

R

Roger R

Send him a register letter telling him to remove it. Then have it towed to his place and leave it there. Better yet, ask a local lawyer as he'll know local practices, and what you really should do in your community.

D

daveyo

Give "Frankie the Firebug" a call...he'll have you fixed up in a jiff!

M

msutliff

I called the sheriff. They told me that I could have the trailer impounded at the owner's expense.

I called the guy several more times.. he did not come and get it.. I called him one last time, leaving a message and mentioned my conversation with the sherrif. 30 min. later he arrived and removed his trailer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">