• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abusive Cop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ding1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Oregon. Please help. I was pulled over in my neighborhood by a cop. He asked me if I knew what I had done. I honestly had no idea. He said I failed stop at a sign and 'rolled through." before I made my turn. I know I stopped as it is my my neighborhood, and it is a very residential street. I know the sign is there. The car may have not "jerked back"" but I know I stopped. So he asked me for my registration and insurance. I did not argue in any way, and handed it to him. After holding it for a few seconds, he chucked it under the car like he dropped it. He than told me to get out and pick it up. I opened my car door, and it was halfway under the car...there was not a drop of wind today. As I was bending, and squirming to retrieve it, I really hurt my back. This was insane. What can I do about this?
Thank you in advance

fedcop110

As far as the officer, if you believe that he did something wrong report him to his supervisor. If he did intentionally throw your license under the car (which I highly doubt), his supervisor would be the one to talk to. If the officer lost hold of your license, and it ended up under your car he is not going to retrieve it (officer safety) and will have you get the license.

As for the ticket, either pay it or appear in court. Those are your two options. One has nothing to do with the other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">