• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yep777

Was driving friends car on March 14th, 2002, (with consent), and got into accident (bad). -Roseville, CA.

Both myself and the other party have insurance.

The police arrived at the scene shortly after, took a report, no one admitted fault, no one injured.

Since (I thought) the insurance follows the vehicle in CA, my friends insurance was handling the case. Now, they say that since i'm not 25, my insurance must handle it???? Is this true??

I obtained a copy of the police report and it says that I violated section 21804a ???

I wasn't driving unsafely, and was actually very careful in what I did (wont go into details). I dont think that I was at fault. I havent given anyone the report YET.... Is there anything I can do?? PLEASE RESPOND...
:confused:

M

Mikedani

Your insurance follows you.

21804. (a) The driver of any vehicle about to enter or cross a
highway from any public or private property, or from an alley, shall
yield the right-of-way to all traffic, as defined in Section 620,
approaching on the highway close enough to constitute an immediate hazard, and shall continue to yield the right-of-way to that traffic until he or she can proceed with reasonable safety.

Contact your insurance company and explain your side of the story. They will take it from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">