• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accused of running Bus stop sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Billybob5

I live in Iowa and I was on gravel going to a friends and saw a bus stopped and loading kids. I pulled to the side of the road, facing the bus, nothing but a ditch to my right side. I started to get pulled in by the mud so i accelerated a little(As u did this the bus door closed and kids entered) and ended up parralel with the bus, and looked up at the driver and waved. The lady was oblivious to me even being there and looked like she assumed i flew by. I waited for stop sign to close and proceeded. Do i have a case?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

Actually, Iowa law requires you to stop 15 feet in front of the bus.

Do you have a case for what? You were driving too fast for conditions and didn't stop in time? Not sure why you "pulled over" when meeting a bus you just stop on the roadway. Not sure what contrived argument are for acellerating when dealing with adverse roadway conditions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">