• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

added fine after fine has been paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trucker44

while driving in New York State i stopped at a scales. I was informed my license was revoked in New York. There was an outstanding fine from 12 years before. Rather than lose time I paid the outstanding fine of approx $300 then paid also a fine of $250 for driving on a suspended license. This was in Jan, 02. Now I have received another notice saying thank you for my guilty plea and the fine is $500 + $35 surcharge. I have the original ticket which says fine $250 and a receipt for same. I think they are trying to get more money because I'm a truck driver and out of state. They say if it is not paid by april 10 my cdl will be suspended in new york and nation-wide. can they charge more because i'm a truck driver and not in a car. can they change the ticket fine amount after i left. And why do i have to pay so fast. i feel like i'm being railroaded. i need an answer fast. if i dont drive my family is out and we lose our house.
thanks
trucker43

V

Vincent Cosent

Call Secretary of State

They may have different fines for someone operating a commercial vehicle.The change in fine dosent sound proper so call them and read your ticket very carefully.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">