• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Address, speed, and drivers license errors on citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

catman79

What is the name of your state? California

Hello!

Last night I was pulled over driving my girlfriend's car (with her as a passenger) while passing an erratic driver, in a 65 mph zone. The citation has the speed "80" scribbled over something else that looks either like "90" or "70". The officer listed my address as being my middle and last names
so I am not sure I will get the notice in the mail. He also listed my girlfriend's license plate number as my drivers license number. And finally, he listed that I was born in the 62nd month of 1979.

How should I proceed with this? The citation has my full name, but incorrect address, incorrect license number, and a dubious speed scribble. What's my best bet to get this thrown out on either the basis of inaccuracy or on the fact that I was simply passing an apparently drunk driver who the office should have been focusing on instead?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">