• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on Inattentive driving ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

morty

I was recently involved in auto accident in Minnesota. I rear ended a guy who was stopped at a traffic light. the light was red as we approached, I was braking, I looked up at the light which changed to green, I accelerated. But the guy in front of me had not moved, I braked and swerved, but still hit him. He had almost no damage, my vehicle had to be towed. The police where called and I received a citation for inattentive driving, which under Minnesota law requires a court appearance. What are my options? should I take a lawyer? Could I lose my license? I have received two speeding tickets and been involved in a weather related roll-over accident in the last two years also.

HomeGuru

Hire an attorney and have him pick you up before the court appearance. That way, you won't have to drive and endanger the lives of others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">