• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice me on My First Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

venkatasuresh_g

What is the name of your state? CA (residing ) NJ ( License)

I got a speeding ticket at 97 mph in 65 mph Zone , i understood that its too fast , but i did it now i got a fine of $391.00 . I am ready to pay that fine as i agree that i did mistake so i should pay that , but the court has not given me option to do a class to take the remark out of my license, when i called upon court they said i was driving fast and not eligible for the class and i explained them that its my first traffic offense then the clerk asked me to come to court and request the Judge .

My questions : Will CA state be able to Put Points on My NJ License ?
Once i go to Court , how should i talk to judge so that he will allow me for
class?
please advice me as i had never been in this situation, and very new to court.

Suresh

The Occultist

If you were going low enough for the limit, the clerk would have been able to offer driving school, but since you were just going way too fast, the clerk is no longer able to offer it, but yes, the judge may. How should you talk to the judge? Respectfully.

CA is not part of the Compact, so I'm not sure how they handle reporting violations to home states, so you'll have to wait for the insight of another poster to be of help there.

By the way, you said you were "residing" in California. Does this mean that you have residence in CA, but still have an NJ license? Please note that this is illegal and you need to get a CA license, like right now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">