• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice needed for 2 speeding tickets!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deuceslow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

Hey everybody,

I have a total of three speeding tickets.
One is dismissed.. I took traffic school online, but I wasn't aware of Level 1 & Level 2 options. (does it matter? The ticket was CVC 22350.)

Now, i have two tickets that i need your advice with... Both are CVC 22349A

What are my options to remove the points of my record?
How does the 18 month period for traffic school work; Am i eligible for level 1 or level 2 traffic school? It has been 16 months since i took it for CVC 22350.. I took the course online so i assume its level 1 by default?

Please enlighten me people thanks

I_Got_Banned

OK, first, you are allowed 1 traffic school dismissal "of a traffic citation" (regardless of whether it is a 22350 or a 22349 or whatever) for every 18 month period.

Second, you can ask the judge for what you're referring to as the "the level 2" traffic school and while that will remove the points for that particular violation, it will still appear on your record as a zero point violation (where as with a "Level 1" the violation is completely erased as if it never happened.

Please enlighten me people
Slowing down might be a good place to start...

deuceslow

OK, first, you are allowed 1 traffic school dismissal "of a traffic citation" (regardless of whether it is a 22350 or a 22349 or whatever) for every 18 month period.

Second, you can ask the judge for what you're referring to as the "the level 2" traffic school and while that will remove the points for that particular violation, it will still appear on your record as a zero point violation (where as with a "Level 1" the violation is completely erased as if it never happened.

Slowing down might be a good place to start...
I_Got_Banned how's it going?

i think i understand the level 1 and 2 concept now.
Thanks for the reply.

As for the speeding, yes i should slow down.. but i'm always in a damn hurry! ESP when I have class at Noon & the freeway is clear due to everyone working, eatting, etc.

but yes, I'm trying not to accelerate as much anymore.

How about another advice?
One of the 2 tickets can not set a court date (full). Payment is due next week or walk in court, but i have classes in the morning. What would you do? BTW This ticket is the most recent; 16 months from traffic school was completed. I was planning to ask the judge about the level 2 option..

The court date i have on Friday is only 10 months after completing traffic school. You think i can get a level 2 options for that? Then i'll just pay bail for the most recent ticket? I mean i cant schedule a court date nor miss class (I just started today! I can miss class if needed)

I_Got_Banned

I_Got_Banned how's it going?
Its going good... Thanks for asking.

i think i understand the level 1 and 2 concept now.
Thanks for the reply.
You're quite welcome!

As for the speeding, yes i should slow down.. but i'm always in a damn hurry! ESP when I have class at Noon & the freeway is clear due to everyone working, eatting, etc.
Then wake up and leave a bit earlier... :D

but yes, I'm trying not to accelerate as much anymore.
It takes more of an effort to speed... If you know what I mean. Its also more expensive as you might have learned...

One of the 2 tickets can not set a court date (full). Payment is due next week or walk in court, but i have classes in the morning. What would you do? BTW This ticket is the most recent; 16 months from traffic school was completed. I was planning to ask the judge about the level 2 option..

The court date i have on Friday is only 10 months after completing traffic school. You think i can get a level 2 options for that? Then i'll just pay bail for the most recent ticket? I mean i cant schedule a court date nor miss class (I just started today! I can miss class if needed)
I'm all confused now... If your classes strart at noon, and court opens at 8:30am, there is a 3 and 1/2 hour time gap there... Regardless, you should be able to set a court date, enter a plea or post bail either online or over the phone by calling the phone number on your citation/courtesy notice.

As for requesting the level 2 traffic school, you must request that from the judge so you must appear in court for that. If you haven't received any extesions for that particular ticket or not, you can get an automatic 60 day extension of your arraignment date in hopes that you'll have time to appear later on.

deuceslow

I'm all confused now... If your classes strart at noon, and court opens at 8:30am, there is a 3 and 1/2 hour time gap there... Regardless, you should be able to set a court date, enter a plea or post bail either online or over the phone by calling the phone number on your citation/courtesy notice.

As for requesting the level 2 traffic school, you must request that from the judge so you must appear in court for that. If you haven't received any extesions for that particular ticket or not, you can get an automatic 60 day extension of your arraignment date in hopes that you'll have time to appear later on.
75 people are eligible for walk in court date. Judge picks by alphabet or first come first serve basis. I won't find out till i get there. There aren't court date available at my court nor can you plea online nor over the phone. In person only.

Hopefully this clears some confusion..

In the mean time, I will be going to the walk in court tomorrow morning for one ticket. Possibly get the other ticket thats for friday into my walk in court date too. I'll ask the judge to lower bail for both & if i can take a traffic school..

any new advice?
Is there another option besides traffic school to remove my points?
Lastly, will my insurance raise if a citation was $202 VS $159 citation.. or is it all the same?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">