• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice needed:: I just got a reckless driving ticket.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chaim

I received a reckless driving misdemeanor in Connecticut (driving 105 in a 65). I was told that there is a law that allows me to pay the bond by mail and I wouldn't have to show up to court. (i.e. the bond is forfeited) I am not sure if this is the best course of action.. I've spoken with two lawyers so far. The first one told me that I should just go with the bond forfeit. He said that court that is going to hear me is generally very harsh. The second lawyer told me that I should forget about the bond forfeit, because it will cause my insurance to sky rocket.. He said he could get me off with no points, etc. since my record is pretty clean. I would have to pay him $1,500 and possibly attend some reform meetings (I can't remember the exact title). What scares me a bit is that I can receive jail time for reckless driving, so if the judge is having a bad day, I might be screwed. I am about to contact a third lawyer to see what they say, but I was wondering what kind of advice you guys might have. I'll appreciate any help.. or if you know of other websites (or forums) that would be able to provide better advice.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">