• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice....speeding ticket in MA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DoctorD415

Got a speeding ticket in Massachusetts, but im pretty upset about it. clocked at 59 in a 40. Thing is though, i dont think this could of happened, i was not going that fast, when i passed him. I think i have some evidence that can prove this reading wrong. First off i passed him going the other way, which is not a big deal because as everyone knows they have moving radar. Thing is though, there was car in front of him, and also a car not too far in front of me. Im pretty sure he could not have gotten my speed between these two cars, and if he did im sure there was some bouncing of signals and whatnot. I'm pretty sure that with moving radar, objects in front and stuff can have great effects on the reading, but correct me if im wrong. If anyone out there can help me with this or has any advice then please resond...thanks in advance.

Last edited:

JETX

Got a speeding ticket in Massachusetts, but im pretty upset about it. clocked at 59 in a 40. Thing is though, i dont think this could of happened, i was not going that fast, when i passed him. I think i have some evidence that can prove this reading wrong. First off i passed him going the other way, which is not a big deal because as everyone knows they have moving radar. Thing is though, there was car in front of him, and also a car not too far in front of me. Im pretty sure he could not have gotten my speed between these two cars, and if he did im sure there was some bouncing of signals and whatnot. I'm pretty sure that with moving radar, objects in front and stuff can have great effects on the reading, but correct me if im wrong. If anyone out there can help me with this or has any advice then please resond...thanks in advance.
So, take all your 'thing is' to the court and see if the court will agree.

sukharev

Yea, it's a bummer...

You can look up my previous advices on how to fight the ticket in MA. It's not that hard, if you know what to do. Still, largely a matter of luck, but better than doing nothing.

So, do discovery, find if there was special speed regulation, send a signed ticket only after you made a copy, etc. First hearing is bull, called magestrate, then you pay $25 and get the real one. Good news is - if officer does not show you'd get dismissed, not rescheduled.

Where did it happen?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">