• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After paying a fine...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kc9cvr

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I have a question. Recently, I paid off a fine from a no-insurance ticket I got about 4 years ago. I couldn't pay it so the court said they would put a "hold" on my license. They said that I would not be able to renew it or change the information on it until the fine is paid. Now that it is, is there any other fees or procedures I am going to have to go through to get it renewed? It expired 2 years ago and once I am licensed again I WILL have insurance. I'm just a little confused. Does the "hold" count as a revoking or suspension? I don't think it does because I was able to drive until my license expired and I never received any papers saying it was revoked or suspended. I am preparing myself for the written test and worrying over the driving test. I haven't drove a vehicle in 2 years, I'm worried about what hoops I'm going to have to jump through to be able to drive again.

Thanks,
Loria

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">