• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Airplane Speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misha1000

California, Got speeding ticket from Airplane, actually a helicopter.

Was ticketed by 2 officers who did not witness the violation, nor did they clock me. The ticketed Me as I exited a general store. The helicopter officer, (I don't know if he was a pilot or observer) radioed the ticketing officers. I don't know what method was used to time my speed. I have plead not guilty and will make a declaration in writing before July 15th. Waht points should I make in my declaration. I have the 3 officers names and addresses. 2 on the ground an One in the Helicopter.

I_Got_Banned

The first thing you should know is that if the citation names 3 officers, then the same 3 officer must submit their testimony of their role in the issuing of the same.

I think you should request discovery of whatever evidence they have/plan to use against you. Since you have no knowledge of what method they used to measure your speed, where you committed the violation, whether the speed limit is justified by a traffic and engineering survey, your declaration might be quite lacking...

Jim_bo

Do what IGB said. Get busy on the discovery request. You need to understand how they obtained your speed in order to form a reasonable defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">