• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Of all the stupid things to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? California

About one and a half years ago I recieved a speeding ticket. I had to request an extention to pay the fine, which I did, but then I did the most careless thing: I completely forgot about the ticket. Cannot explain why I'd be so irresponsible!
I was reminded today of this issue because the auto insurance policy is up for renewal and a letter came explaining that my license was not a valid one and the policy could not be renewed. Yikes!
I need to take care of this ASAP!!! (I feel horrible-I was insured under my mother's policy which she's maintained for over 20 years!)
Can I obain the current amt due ( I assume there is a 'late' fee?) and just pay it? Ticket was not issued locally.
If this will clear the fine and FTA, then how do I go about (quickly) getting suspension off my license?

The Occultist

Call the court and ask them how to get it taken care of. Once it's done, take proof that everything's ok to the DMV and ask them to reinstate your license.

garrula lingua

In Ca. the Prosecutor's office has the choice of adding a misdemeanor or infraction 'failure to appear' on an infraction.

If a msdm 40508 was added, it should be sent to a different court and the Judge will want to see you in person.

Call the court and ask the clerk what was added - misdemeanor or infraction, and
ask if you can pay by mail or do you have to make an appearance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">