• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Altered Tags

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lodoss24

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I have tags on my car for registration purposes that are not mine. I got pulled over and the cop noticed my plate has been expired for over two years.

Even though I wasn't arrested, I get the feeling this isn't going to be a slap on the wrist. (felonys; forger; tax evasion come to mind) What am I looking at penalty wise.

Since I don't know, i was going to plead not guilty see what the DA has to say and then make the call to get a lawyer.

B

brake pedal

it would help greatly if...

you had spelled out exactly what you were charged with.you leave us guessing.

quote:
noticed my plate has been expired for over two years.

ok did he charge you with exipred tags, did he find out that the tags did not belong and charge you with wrong tags.

the person that owned the tags,did they know you had their tags?

before you make anymore mistakes see an attorney,get his real advise. this may not be a very big deal at all a small fibe and costs usually.BUT if you go playing attorney all by yourself,you could aggravate the D.A by pleading not guilty,which could mean amended charges to something more serious.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">