• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am i going to be able to renew my license?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

midnight_skyy84

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

I have a problem, obviously since i'm asking a question huh? well about 6 yrs ago, i had gotten a ticket in SanAntonio Texas and 3 in Comal county texas, they were for either speeding or no insurance, or my tags being out of date, 5yrs ago i was on my way to where i live now in Lamesa Texas, and in SanANgelo i had gotten another ticket, for a headlight out, and speeding,, i have never paid anything on these tickets. a yr ago i got another ticket here in lamesa but i paid it, then i got a letter from dps saying my license was suspended until i paid a surcharge of $260, My license also expired jan 12th 2009, I'm getting my income tax in 2 weeks and am planning on paying the surcharge to get my license unsuspended, my question is when i go to renew my license, are the 5 unpaid tickets i have in other towns going to keep me from renewing it? I had gotton on probation for hotchecks about 2 yrs ago and when they did the complete background check none of the tickets showed up? Maybe they were dropped since its been so many years? please any advice i can get will be appreciated.

JETX

i go to renew my license, are the 5 unpaid tickets i have in other towns going to keep me from renewing it?
Of course not. Simply go into the drivers license office and explain to the very nice state Trooper about your outstanding unpaid tickets. He will be very happy to help you with your problem. :D

I_Got_Banned

speeding
or no insurance,
or my tags being out of date,
for a headlight out,
and speeding,
a yr ago i got another ticket here in lamesa but i paid it,
I had gotton on probation for hotchecks about 2 yrs ago
That was a nice change of pace from the norm!
... and when they did the complete background check none of the tickets showed up?
A LOT can change in two years.

Also, and even if you are able to renew your license, what's to stop them from suspending your license if these citations are not taken care of?

In fact, you don't know if your license isn't suspended as we speak!
(We do know it is expired... And let me guess, you are still driving even though you know its expired...)

Or worst yet, whats to stop the courts from issuing warrants for each and every one of these citations?

And even worse, how do you know the warrants have not been issued already?

Maybe they were dropped since its been so many years?
That would be nice... Unfortunately, ignoring them for "so many years" will not result in having them dropped!

The only way to make them "go away" would be to PAY THEM!!!

Lastly, and most unfortunately, "WE" can't tell you what information "THEY" have added or changed on "YOUR" record.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">