• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am I wasting my money?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

45Frank

What is the name of your state? NC

I've received tickets in the past and have always paid when wrong, many times.

I today received a ticket for failure to stop at a stop sign. I didn't argue with the state trooper just said I have a bad back and have to stop at the stop sign not the corner. That was it. I got a $175.00 ticket.

The stop sign is about I will measure 75 feet from a Y in the road, the officer was parked 150 feet up the hwy no way he could even see the sign.

I stop even before the sign so I could see what is actually behind me over my left shoulder.
Then go. I read the statue and it says nothing about how far from a corner to stop just stop at the sign.

Will A Judge listen to me or not? I will bring pictures and measure the distance. As I said there is no way the officer could have seen me or the stop sign. It's the $175.00 plus my insurance may go up. It's my first ticket in 5 years and before that I can't remember maybe 10-15 years.

45Frank

The statue on the citation is
**************... by failing to stop at a duly erected stop sign.G.S. (20-158(B)(1)(3))
As I took my kids to school today I even noticed there is even a building, temp. johns between where he was and the stop sign, no way he could of seen me stop.

Thanks

lwpat

You can go in and talk to the prosecutor and take your PFJ. This will keep the ticket off your record. Without an attorney you will usually lose in a NC court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">