• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anti-Radar license plate convers, legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

metallicapaul

Are anti-radar license plate covers legal in Arizona such as the ones at phantomplate.com? I am interested in getting one but only if it is legal in Arizona. Thank you.

racer72

Anything can can be construed as an attempt to avoid legal traffic enforcement devices are generally considered illegal. They don't work anyway. A friend sells these plate covers and radar detectors and he sells 100 detectors for every so called radar plate. Plus, tell me how a car can hide behind a 6 by 12 inch piece of plastic? They can't. Don't waste your money. I have found driving right around the speed limit the best defense against speeding tickets.

Last edited:
M

metallicapaul

well, they block the license plate from cameras that take your picture to send you a ticket in the mail. but they are considered illegal?

racer72

Our OP was question the radar blocking plate cover sold at the website, not the cover that block camera enforcement. What plate cover is it????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">