• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silverfox

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
i was photographed on a red light camera and citied for red light volation. the problem is i understand in arizona the point of volation is defined as the prolongation of the curb line and this is a line from curb face on one side of street to the curb face on the opposite side of street. the problem is i was photographed a full car length across the prolongation lines but tucson has painted a line half way from the curb line to the center of the street and painted wait behind the line on the street and calling it the "point of violation". And they are filling the defensive driving classes with people who do not want to take the chance of going to court, losing and having points against their license and insurance. What a way for the city to pick up revenue. i know several people who have been citied and feel they were completely in the right. by the way this was a turn signal that was yellow at the time of crossing the orignal "prolongation" but red on the newly designated point of violation half-line painted on the street with wait painted behind the line on street. Advise appreciated, should I go to court or take the driving class like everyone else.

The Occultist

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? the problem is i understand in arizona the point of volation is defined as the prolongation of the curb line and this is a line from curb face on one side of street to the curb face on the opposite side of street. the problem is i was photographed a full car length across the prolongation lines but tucson has painted a line half way from the curb line to the center of the street and painted wait behind the line on the street and calling it the "point of violation".
Your assertion is correct UNLESS a line has been added which indeed does become the new stopping point to be observed. This occurrence is mostly limited to Tucson, which sucks for you, but hopefully you have learned something here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">