• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any advice or help would be appreciated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dany7777777

I live in Georgia, and a few months ago in May I went on a road trip with a couple friends down to Florida. In that trip, I got pulled over twice for speeding, one for going 59 on a 35 (in Florida) and the other for going 80 on a 65 (in Alabama). To make matter worse, the cop gave me a reckless driving charge because it was very cloudy as well. Yes I know that in itself is already bad. However, I didn't know that because I have a Georgia license, if I am under 21 years of age, and I get a speeding ticket of going 24mph over the limit, it is an automatic license suspension. I paid of the Florida ticket, and then later received news of my suspension. Now I have to go to court in a week in Alabama for the reckless driving ticket, and I don't know if i should mention my suspended license or my situation or if the ticket could make my suspension longer. If anyone could give me advice in any way, I would really appreciate it.

davew128

With any luck they'll make sure you don't drive again for a very long time since you seem to have problems even approximating what the speed limit is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">