• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anybody have advice? 4 citations recieved this weekend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

distressed77

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I was lost out in an unfamiliar area late at night. My cell phone rang and it was on the floor of my passenger side of car. I moved over the center line to give me some room and there was no cars around. I leaned down just for a second to grab it and when i looked up a car was coming up the other side so i cut my wheel to miss them (a tad to sharp) making me lose control of my vehicle and i ran into a couple mailboxes. I paniced and left the scene of an accident and realized i had a flat tire so i pulled my car off and parked it and walked to a friends house. The police found my car and had it towed. I called them the next morning and the trooper said he was giving me 4 citations. He said to me ( you may have got away with one thing but i'm going to make you wish you stayed) It really has me scared. I never been in an accident before or had any run in with the law. I want to know how seriouse these citations are and whats going to happen to me . I'm 29 years old if age makes a difference also. Please Please Any advice would be helpful.

I know i am in the wrong and guilty i just need some incite on whats going to happen or what i should do

1. reckless driving 2. no seat belt 3.fleeing the scene of an accident 4. damaging private property.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

racer72

Gather up a large amount of money and kiss your driver's license goodbye. You should also call your insurance company so they can pay for the damage you caused.

sukharev

Call attorney that specializes in traffic tickets. Seat belt? How did officer know that? Anyhow, don't try to handle it, pay $500 and get this **** reduced to something manageable. Attorney will negotiate a "plea bargain" with DA, and then you plead guilty to lesser violations, while some others get dismissed. It's far from being a sure shot, but in your case it's all you can do. If you just go and talk to DA yourself, it's likely result is going to be worse.

jbtay

racer72 said:
Gather up a large amount of money and kiss your driver's license goodbye. You should also call your insurance company so they can pay for the damage you caused.

Wow what great free advice?

justalayman

jbtay said:
Wow what great free advice?
You don't like brutally honest? You left the scene of an accident, you think you are going to walk away from this with no penalties??

Hello!!! Wake up call for jbtay.

AHA

sukharev said:
Seat belt? How did officer know that?
Since OP was fishing for his phone on the passenger seat floor, it's not a total guess that he wasn't wearing a seat belt.

rmet4nzkx

OP was lost in an unfamilar area but was able to walk to the home of a friend, Wanns bet OP had a few too many also and that is why he didn't stop?

distressed77

Thanks for all your replies.

I am guilty of the above citations , i didn't deny that. I just wanted some advice on a way to maybe get a lesser sentence. I am a first time offender for any type of crime and thought that might work in my favor a little. I'm not trying to get away with what i did i just want a little slack. I've read up on the citations i've recieved and i found that they are pretty serious and yeah i'm scared. I don't want to go to jail or be on probation ect.

1.Will taking a lawyer with me give me a good chance to get a plea bargain?
2.Should i go in by myself and take the above charges because there is little to no chance of reduction?
3. Will they put me in jail or give me probation?
4. Whats the max i can lose my lisence for with these charges?

To rmet4nzkx : Yes i was in an unfamiliar area and lost but i had my cell phone for direction. I know it looks bad and yeah most people who run probably either stole the car , doing drugs or drinking but i was not.

I was scared i paniced i thought in my mind i only hit a few mail boxes and if i removed myself from the scene fast enough i wouldn't have to deal with the issue.

sukharev

Before you make any decisions, open up yellow pages, find a few lawyers advertizing their services in such cases, and call them up. Most would give you free initial consultation, and maybe even a quote (anywhere from $200 to $1000). PA being a cheap state my guestimate would be less than $500 for single appearance. Well worth the hassle.

As for your other questions, nobody can answer them. Only the judge will decide. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">