• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anyone know what the penalty for failure to stop for a school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlyingRon

Hopefully you are not under 21. If so your license will be suspended for six months. It's a rather stiff fine. Don't know about Cobb but in Forsyth it's $650 (that is unless you hit one of the kids, and then you're looking at jail time).

atlantalion

Hopefully you are not under 21. If so your license will be suspended for six months. It's a rather stiff fine. Don't know about Cobb but in Forsyth it's $650 (that is unless you hit one of the kids, and then you're looking at jail time).
No, I'm 33. I did read about the under 21 clause though I couldn't find any information on citation amounts. I think it's also six points against the license as well. I'm trying to decide if I should just pay it (fine) or fight it.

To make the story short the bus was parked on the berm (of a two-lane street) early morning (@ 7 - 7:30) with it's yellows flashing for quite sometime (looked as though it was waiting for kids to show up from the attached subdivision -- on the side of the street where the bus is). The guy right in front of me must've thought the same thing and after slowing down a bit he accelerated through the lights... I followed. When I was going through the area where the bus was, the lights went to red.

I don't know if there is any gray area here, maybe I should just pay the fine and take the points (unfortunately). Yes, I should've waited regardless, work can wait a few extra minutes. I have a 'clean' record since a speeding ticket 5 years ago (54 in a 40). Thoughts on whether it would be worth it to fight it (and take the points), or just pay up and learn from the experience? :confused:

Hey There

Contact the county court listed on the traffic citation for what the penalty is.
All drivers have a right to their day in court.
The website Speeding ticket--plea bargaining or fighting
(Google this) although geared towards contesting a speeding ticket has information that can be applied when contesting other traffic violations.
A book published by NOLO on contesting traffic tickets also has information of value.

Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">