• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

anything I can do now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gatorbuc

any commends and help? thanks

What is the name of your state? FL

I got a speeding ticket for 60/45 2 months ago, and set a court date for last night.

I filed a motion to dismiss based on the lack of engineering study 2 weeks ago, and the judge did not order it until last night at the court. She said that she could not make a decision at that time, and ask us to continue the court. If she orders the motion later, the case will be dismissed. Otherwise, she would make a judgement based on what she got from the court.

After the policemen testified, I filed another motion to dismiss based on no Florida Statute on the citation. She said that the policemen had wrote 60/45 on the ticket, and just denied this motion.

Any suggestions for my case?

Thanks

Last edited:

dlkp

Past Judgements in FL

I've never heard of a statute having to be ON the citation. It would follow reasoning, however, that if you were to bring in evidence of a case in your favour (past judgements dismissed in FL, similar to your case) to present to the judge, she might have to dismiss based on similar circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">